Making homemade mayonnaise is easy, and it tastes better than most store-bought versions.
体育投注网址In addition, you can choose to include only healthy ingredients in your mayo.
This way, you can avoid the refined vegetable oils that most commercial brands use.
You can also experiment with your mayo, adding many different ingredients and flavors.
体育投注网址Here is a very basic recipe to make your own homemade mayonnaise:
- 2 raw egg yolks, preferably pastured.
- 1 cup quality oil like avocado oil or light olive oil.
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice.
- 1 tablespoon water.
- Sea salt.
- Before you start, make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature.
- Put the egg yolks in a food processor or blender. Sprinkle with salt and add water.
- Start blending while slowly pouring the oil into the feed tube.
- After the mayo has gotten thick, add lemon juice and gently mix with a spoon.
However, note that the egg yolks in mayo aren’t cooked. If salmonella is a problem where you live, then this may be a concern (
And, while the basic recipe above is great to start with, there is more to mayonnaise than just oil and eggs. It can be prepared using many different ingredients.
Here are 10 homemade mayonnaise recipes that are actually pretty healthy.
Mayonnaise can be prepared in a variety of ways, using different oils, condiments or herbs and spices.
Above are just a few recipes for you to try. However, there are so many more ingredients you can use to add flavor, including:
- Fresh herbs like rosemary, tarragon, thyme, dill or cilantro.
- Curry powder.
- Chili powder.
- Chopped nuts.
- Minced ginger.
- Prepared horseradish.
- Sun-dried tomatoes.
- Sliced scallions.
- Miso paste.
You can store the mayo in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
There are many ways you can enjoy your homemade mayo. You can spread it on a sandwich, include it in a chicken salad or use it as a base for dressings and dips.
However, keep in mind that homemade mayonnaise is still very high in calories, so be mindful of your portion sizes.
At the end of the day, a bit of homemade mayonnaise with high-quality ingredients is a delicious way to add healthy fats to your diet.