Who We Are
Relationships are at the heart of the Goucher experience.
Over its long history体育投注网址, Goucher has built a strong, innovative tradition of liberal arts education that offers five distinct advantages:
- National reputation - One of the select Colleges That Change Lives, Goucher is also listed as a top institution by The Princeton Review and U.S. News & World Report.
- Top-tier academics - Goucher offers more than 40 programs, a 10-to-1 student-faculty ratio, and opportunities for high-level undergraduate research.
- Welcoming community - Goucher's campus welcomes all!
- Global perspective - Goucher is ranked No. 1 in study abroad, and 100% of undergraduates go overseas before graduating, acquiring employer-sought skills, such as adaptability and cross-cultural awareness.
- Excellent outcomes - Goucher students master the skill set employers demand: 96 percent of our recent graduates are employed and/or in graduate/professional school within one year.
A highlight of Goucher's unique liberal arts curriculum体育投注网址 is the requirement that all undergraduates must study abroad at least once before graduation, making the college the first in the nation to make such a bold move in globalized education. Goucher's coursework reflects the core values of a liberal arts education: proficiency in English composition and in a foreign language, solid foundations in history, abstract reasoning, scientific discovery and experimentation, problem-solving, social structures, and environmental sustainability.
Since 1990, the college also has added several graduate programs体育投注网址 and now offers master's degrees in education, teaching, historic preservation, arts administration, cultural sustainability, digital arts, and nonfiction, plus a post-baccalaureate premedical program.
In addition to a comprehensive undergraduate liberal arts education and excellent graduate programs, Goucher also offers more than 60 student-run clubs, well-established opportunities for community-based learning and leadership, and a wide-ranging internship program体育投注网址. Students also compete in 20 NCAA Division III (basketball, volleyball, tennis, soccer, track and field, cross-country, swimming, field hockey, and lacrosse), national equestrian events, and intramural sports.
Goucher strives to educate the whole student and promotes a broad education over narrow
career training. This gives graduates a wide range of professional options and increased ability to take advantage of new opportunities in developing fields-and
even the capability to change careers. Goucher students master a range of knowledge,
including the communication, critical thinking, and quantitative reasoning skills
that U.S. employers overwhelmingly say they want job candidates to have.