Maryland Scholars Program
A world of possibility awaits you, but so do a lot of questions and concerns.
体育投注网址You want Goucher College to be a part of your future, but can you and your family afford it? And what will be expected of you once you are enrolled?
体育投注网址You know you have the drive, the desire, and the potential to make the most of a Goucher education – you just need the financial support to make it happen.
体育投注网址The Maryland Scholars Program (MSP) makes a mielesecurity.comcation accessible to eligible first-generation Maryland residents from underserved socio-economic communities. Maryland Scholars receive special academic and financial support and have the opportunity to attend cultural excursions throughout their academic career at Goucher, to enhance their academic experience.
体育投注网址Another program benefit is our Goucher Summer Academy for Maryland Scholars, which is a two-week program in August where you will have the opportunity to take a one-credit course, learn the campus, develop relationships with other Maryland Scholar students, meet Goucher faculty and staff, and become more academically ready to start college, all at no cost.
Qualifications for the Maryland Scholars Program
- Be a resident of Maryland
- Be a first-generation college bound student, defined as follows:
- Parents have not earned a bachelors degree
- Parents have not earned a bachelors degree in the United States
- Parents did not earn a non-vocational degree or certification; OR
- Sibling(s) and/or parent earned a bachelors degree as a non-traditional student
- Meet the academic and income guidelines set by the Maryland Higher Education Commission (MHEC) Howard P. Rawlings
- Be Pell Grant Eligible
- Submit the , available after October 1, for federal and state aid consideration. It is strongly recommended that the FAFSA be submitted by March 1.
- Be admitted to Goucher College through the non-binding Early Action or Regular Decision entrance plan
How to Apply
Submit the and required supporting documents by January 15 (non-binding) Regular Decision entrance plan of your senior year.
体育投注网址The Maryland Scholars Committee reviews submitted applications and notifies candidates of their status in March. Selected candidates will be invited to an on-campus event in April to learn more about the program and Goucher.